Friday, April 15, 2011

Thanks.......

Well, we are tired! I don't know if many are still checking the "blog". We feel so blessed to have so many friends and family supporting us. Thank you all for your support over the past days, weeks, months and for some years! We have our moments of sadness. I am sure that is normal. I never realized the amount of "things" that had to be done with someones passing. It has been all consuming! We have felt carried in some sense and know that Hugh is with us along this new journey. Daren returned to Mexico on Tuesday. I spoke with him on Wednesday when he arrived back to the small city that he is serving in. It was such a blessing to have him home for a short time. He was able to close this chapter in his life and to just "be a missionary" now. All of our lives will be changed for ever. I reflect back on the tender mercies all along the way and how much I have learned of service and giving. We have learned so much from all of you. I hope that one day I can "pay it forward." Brighton played Alta today in soccer. Alta had a moment of silence for Hugh and honored him. It was nice. Conner is off to Dallas this next week with his team for "Dallas Cup." They play a team from Mexico their first game. Should be exciting. Life goes on......changed but still goes on. We will move forward with the fondest of memories and continue "makin memories" together. Thanks and love to all. Love........Diane and kids. :)

5 comments:

  1. I'm still reading!! I love your posts, though they always make me tear up. Diane, I have a special request... I wasn't able to leave work until 12:00 on the day of the funeral and I missed your talk. Could you post it here so I can read it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet strong Diane,

    I am still checking too! I just LOVE you and your kids! You are one strong woman! Your children have one strong mom! Thank you for being just such a fantastic example of strength and faith while going through one of life's most trying experiences. You really are one of my most favorite people in the whole wide world! The funeral was so, so inspiring. Thank you to you and Daren for your words. It is so hard to see people you care about go through pain and it is so inspiring to hear about your journey. I especially loved Daren sharing what his dad said about "keeping a length in his stride, a skip in his walk, and a twinkle in his eye, the Lord is with you." It was comforting to hear a dad tell his son to go forward and be happy. What a dad! Love you all and have fun watching Connor!!!!!!
    Love, Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Darcie, keep posting!!! I love to read what you write- like I said, it's so you! :) You guys are such an inspiration of strength and hope. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Diane and family,

    I'm still reading. Diane, you are such an inspiration and amazing person. I feel that you have already paid it forward-by allowing all of us into your lives.

    ~Leslie McGarrity

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Diane,

    I think of you daily. I can't express the grief and pit in my stomach when William came home from school and told me of the passing of Hugh! I am so sorry! Even though for now soccer is not much in our lives we treasure the memories that we have with Sparta and most especially Conner! We love your dear family and I want you to know that I would do anything for the Dearden family! Please let me know if there ever is ANYTHING that we can do. I would love to take Conner to soccer practice or a game if you ever need me to. If your children ever need rides or to be picked up please call me 801-230-5506!

    Are prayers are with you and your family during this trying time! We love you so much!

    Holly DeSantis

    ReplyDelete